Other firsts...and it has been a whirlwind. Scott neglected to tell me why he kept the bathroom door closed earlier this week. No, no not the reason you all think.
It's because Z is trying to follow in big sister's steps and try to answer the world's most complexing conundrums...such as whether the toilet paper roll rolls under or over. And the most intense study she has put into it. Does it matter if the toilet paper is upstairs? Or downstairs? Does it matter in a half bathroom or full bathroom? Does it matter if you pull the roll with you? And most importantly now...how fast can you really do it??? (evidently really really fast...especially if Mommom and daddy are occupied at the moment).
A and I have a routine in the evenings. After a warm relaxing bath (that involves floating on her back and kicking the water everywhere) and then reading the same wonderful Cat in the Hat book over and OVER and OVER again (and I ask myself over and over again, just what ARE Thing 1 and 2?)....she crawls into bed and gets tucked in. I usually flop my head onto her bed and tell her I want to sleep in her bed. Her standard answer, "No, sleep in your own bed". The other night we were at this point when she grinned, leaned forward and said, "if I give you a kiss will you go sleep in your own bed?"
Z was playing with a music piano this week. I look over and she is kneeling swing her arms from side to side with a huge smile on her face. Then she proceeds to clap!!! Quick corny swoon. She quickly leapt forward from that first and obtained opening the bird door room when Scott had kept it closed trying to keep her safe. I suspect the desire to walk will be quickly obtained with this new development.
Other firsts? A actually enjoys clothes shopping and followed in her Mommom's footsteps by purchasing 4 pairs of flip flops because it was such a good sale and besides, there's a little sister to pass them onto!

No comments:
Post a Comment