Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Stats

One doctor visit with all the following stats:



20 minutes late to the library pre-doctor visit so no story time. Mainly because Z had a 25 minute morning nap (normally 45 minutes).



Reason for it's shortness: drama meltdowns from big sis: I stopped counting after 3 (all before 9 am).



9 books returned to library, 9 books picked out and one very HEAVY bag as A said, so she was asked to carry 1 book.



1/2 granola bar eaten by A and 1 and 1/2 rice crackers ingested by Z en route to doctor's office. Which is a 40 minute drive one way. 2 photo cops seen and avoided on way to doctor's office. (None seen on way home and hopefully also avoided???!!!)



3 needles involved for Z-two immunizations and one needle prick to check her hemoglobin...which was too low so now she needs 1 milliliter of iron fortified vitamin drops. The last time I tried to give her vitamins was at 3 weeks and she projectile vomited it as well as the bottle she had previously taken in.....all over me.



1 diaper change and 1 full bottom outfit changed. A insisted she DID NOT need to use the potty and I reminded her she was wearing panties (or "canties" as my mother pointed out....how A says it) a gazillion times. Silly me, I think if I had repeated it one more time it may have sunk in. So while Z was getting her comfort bottle in the doctor lobby A did the funny tip toe walk....c'mon you all know it. The one where the urine is running down the legs and into sneakers. Into one bag (I found it stashed away in the bag, the regular diaper bags are MIA) I stuffed: 2 very wet sneakers, socks and pants. And not just regular cotton pants, no, they had to be the velour pants. One pair of dry pants and a diaper put on, no foot accessories (thank goodness we live in Arizona and the pavement has cooled off).



Success: 1 bottle with vitamins added and no vomit. 2 sandwich halves eaten and 1 carrot stick and 1/2 a banana. One bowl of collard greens and brown rice. 3 library books read and 2 precious children asleep upstairs.



I may have 3 dry martinis tonight after work is over. I think I've earned them....



Oh and the real stats: 28 and 1/2" tall (90th percentile), 17#7 oz (25th percentile) and head 17" (45th percentile). Following along in her sister's footsteps.




No comments:

Post a Comment