The girls had two nights out-they spent the night at my boss's house one night while we went and saw Wicked! Two years in the planning stages but the night was well worth the wait. I thought we had packed light for the overnight trip but it still took Scott a good 1/2 hour to get all the bags and pack and plays situated. We hung out until Aubrey seemed comfortable then it was off to the play. The girls had an eventful night in the fact they spent the night in the same room. I know, I know, lots of kids have slept in the same room for years but ours hadn't yet. They did not wake each other up either or rather if they did, they didn't wake up the babysitters. Then they got to spend the night at Nana and Papa's so mommy and daddy could have a date night. I won't tell them it was to go to Harry Potter. We did do an adult thing...sushi beforehand. I wonder when it is okay to introduce them to sushi?
Zoe had a real belly laugh for my parents finally. Aubrey laid down next to Zoe on the couch and was letting Zoe grab her face and hands which made Aubrey giggle. Which sent Zoe off into peals. It was all fun and games until Zoe grabbed Aubrey's hair.
"Zoe grabbing Aubrey's hair!!!!" No tears and yes, my child is still speaking like Elmo.
On a gross side note: Scott found a ton of feathers and "parts" of bird around the yard about a week back. Tonight the wind was blowing hard and when he went to let out the dogs he found an emptied bird carcass on our patio. Thinking a hawk/falcon is picking off the pigeons and using our roof for a picnic table. That one will be fun to explain to the girls one day.
With faces like this it's amazing I could leave them at all. But with friends and family like we have they make the parting a little easier.

Thanks for the video's yesterday. Mom sent me one of her singing Ring around the Rosie and I showed it to Henry. He was facsinated....
ReplyDelete