Today on the way to Aubrey's last swimming class she told me she was going to catch a cloud. I asked her how and she was quiet. I admit I gave her leading questions...I asked if she was going to stand up really tall or fly like a bird.
"Fly. Super Aubrey can fly."
Yesterday she did the same with Scott.
Today we were almost to the swim center again and she yelled out "OH! Bald eagle!!!" I looked up in time to see a bald eagle on an advertisement in a roadside bus stop. Scott assumed I pointed it out to her and vice versa. Instead our aptly named "eagle eyes" scoped it out for herself.
The poor swim instructor tried unsuccessfully for two weeks to get Aubrey to talk to her. Aubrey would (usually) willingly blow bubbles, float on her back, scoop her arms and kick her legs. She was even willing to go down the huge water slide with the instructor not once, but twice and all without tears. But not once did she talk to the instructor. Aubrey knew her name and chattered all about her at the pool and around other adults and kids but would clam up as soon as Katelyn made her appearance. Kudos for Katelyn however, it's one thing to listen to your own child cry or a friend's child but I doubt Katelyn makes enough money to put up with all the babies that cried at her over the past two weeks. We hope the Cold Stone Creamery gift certificate makes it a little more worthwhile.
Scott turned on Sesame Street this morning and after I was done eating breakfast I walked around the corner and busted Zoe. She was sucked into the vacuum of the TV. Laying on the play mat on her side, back arched so she could turn her head *just right* to see the TV. I'd ground her but I suppose that's what I do every time I put her in the crib so I don't think that will work. I did take a picture and will download it soon.
Today Aubrey grabbed Zoe's hand and turned in circle singing "Ring around the Rosies". When she turned too far she would let go with the one hand and grab Zoe's hand with her other hand. Round and round she went singing. At "we all fall down" she plopped next to Zoe. I'm thinking it's going to be a long wait for Aubrey until Zoe can keep up. I'm going to enjoy the peace and harmony until Zoe is mobile.

She is such a great big sister!! :)
ReplyDelete