Monday, June 13, 2011

Sappy but completely true

Tonight I received the biggest hug from A. Lately I've been working enough hours that the girls are fed, bathed and put into bed by their father. Not that I'm complaining, especially in this economy but sometimes I feel like I only get the bedtime stories on the weekends. If I could only figure out how to get Scott to greet me at the door with a dirty martini now.




Tonight I got off work early enough to drive home to read the bedtime book (Thomas the Engine that I have quite memorized). A ran to me and held her arms out and I lifted her up. She melted into me, her freshly washed hair smelling of baby shampoo resting against my shoulder. All the tension I carried today was washed away in that moment.





If I could bottle it up and take it with me, my struggles and stress and worry would be gone just like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment