I blogged about doing A's hair and curling it. She is all about the dolling up and putting on the make up. At the same time, I don't want her to be all girly girl and insisting on only princess stuff so I make sure she has a spiderman blanket to sleep with and a Spiderman mask to wear.
But doing her hair reminds me of a time my mom did mine. I don't know if she remembers...but I remember sleeping in those darn pink clippy curlers that hurt. I was excited to see my hair curly but then she put them in ponies....and looking back it was a cute hairstyle but I was mad about it. I remember feeling bad because mom was all excited but I was too mad to lie and tell her that I liked it.
Then I went to school and some older 5th grader tried to make fun of my hair. I stood up to her and talked back and she backed down.
I still feel bad about not being excited. Hopefully my mom can relive the moment with her granddaughter and I hope A always stands up to bullies. If not, her little sister will knock them down (we have no doubts about that....)

No comments:
Post a Comment