After Nemo, we hit the next most appropriate ride...yep, you guessed it. The Matterhorn.
I guess I won't win Mother of the Year award for that-I held Z next to the height thingy and it said she could go. Off we all loaded onto it....and then as we are careening around the cliffs and rattling past a waterfall, I hear Z shriek, "Go BACK!". As if I could. She had her arm flung out trying to touch the water. But lucky for her, we passed another waterfall. I held her head in a vise to keep it from being bounced around too much.
We all disembarked and waited for Papa because he had gone after us and we asked A if it was a fun ride. She said "yes" and yet when we asked if she wanted to go again she emphatically replied, "NO!"
We tamed it down a bit and went on It's a Small World and had the entire ride to ourselves!!! Not a single other person was on it! At the time I had my new camera and couldn't figure out how to get a decent picture so I flipped it but haven't uploaded those films yet....
Let's see, from there we dashed over to Mickey's Toon Town and let the girls bask in all it's glory. We met several characters (I kicked myself for spending some $ for a few meet and greets but I NEVER, ever met a character when I've gone....granted that was 20 years ago and things have changed). We also met up with the Bild family and we all rode the train to the New Orleans section of the park to sit down and enjoy an incredible meal (and to hide from the wind). There was a little shopping as well.




I know we dashed around a bit and went on the Haunted Mansion and then over to Indiana Jones and the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. On the Pirates ride, Z kept insisting "MINE" and clambering off of Scott's lap because she wanted her own seat. Scott says after the first drop in the dark...she was clawing and scampering to get back in his lap. But alas, there was not to be fair seas for us and as we rounded one corner....the boat got stuck. We could feel it jerking a little but it did not move foward. After a few minutes someone came over the loud speaker and told us to be patient, etc. and that the ride would continue. I believe we heard that same message again repeated several times over the twenty minutes we were stuck in there. Except one Disney employee did not instill confidence in us when stumbled all over the message...instead of "momentarily" she said "mormontarily". I was wondering just how deep the water was and how long we could possibly hear "Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me" with the donkey braying and dog barking before we went all insane when Scotty B remarked he knew which song he was going to be dreaming about and I realized Z was sound asleep through it all. She was the only smart one.




I know we dashed around a bit and went on the Haunted Mansion and then over to Indiana Jones and the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. On the Pirates ride, Z kept insisting "MINE" and clambering off of Scott's lap because she wanted her own seat. Scott says after the first drop in the dark...she was clawing and scampering to get back in his lap. But alas, there was not to be fair seas for us and as we rounded one corner....the boat got stuck. We could feel it jerking a little but it did not move foward. After a few minutes someone came over the loud speaker and told us to be patient, etc. and that the ride would continue. I believe we heard that same message again repeated several times over the twenty minutes we were stuck in there. Except one Disney employee did not instill confidence in us when stumbled all over the message...instead of "momentarily" she said "mormontarily". I was wondering just how deep the water was and how long we could possibly hear "Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me" with the donkey braying and dog barking before we went all insane when Scotty B remarked he knew which song he was going to be dreaming about and I realized Z was sound asleep through it all. She was the only smart one.
We managed to get out of there alive. There was also a hang up on the Winnie the Pooh ride...it got shut down just as we were walking up to go on it but we held out and after standing for about twenty minutes we were the first ones on....A crossed her fingers by using one finger from each hand to form an "X" to wish for it to open!! From there we hit the teacups, the castle (Scott saw a guy propose to his girlfriend by the wishing well....aaaawww-the sarcastic part of me thinks if they get married in the park that will be a pretty price tag). We also pushed A past the point of control and although I know she will kill me for typing this-she whispered on one ride, "I need to go potty". We were on a small boat ride that floats around showing miniature models of all the villages from various Disney movies so it wasn't exactly like I could grab her hand and just go. She tried to hold it and failed. Granted I told her she would have to hold it or just go in her panties. I may have tempted her and not realized it. Sigh. She then stated "I went." As we are all tucking up our feet away from the stream. The tour guide blissfully unaware kept going on with the tour. When we were done we clued the tour guide in and then had to take A on a shopping extravaganza in the Bibbidiboppiboo Boutique where she received a long nightgown and new socks for her new attire.

No comments:
Post a Comment