Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Disneyland 2-marathon

Going to Disneyland is like a marathon.

So much rush and anticipation. From the frenzied cleaning of the house, packing, running through the list a few more times, then packing up pet food for the pet sitter. Debate on which camera to take. (I couldn't make up my mind so I took both...and the flip). Then making sure we had all the electronic cords to power up any batteries. I also took my laptop.

Rush through the house the next morning to get dressed, eat breakfast, take care of pets and lock all doors carefully. Over to pick up the grandparents and load all their gear.

Then wait. At least for me because I wasn't driving. But that enforced wait was much needed rest. Not necessarily relaxation but it was rest. I broke the rules and accidently sneaked fruit across the Arizona/California border. The wise men working the border waved us on...they probably saw the bulging at the seams van loaded down with us and all our belongings and thought better about searching us.


We arrived to California in one piece and knew the first leg of the marathon was over. We did not go to beach as originally discussed because the children (dad and Scott) were whining for dinner. Also, it was much colder for us Phoenicians so 65 degrees with wind was convincing enough to go to dinner and wait the arrival of our cousin Jessica. I sulked about the 9$/day parking charge and that they wanted 10$/day for internet service. I am not tech savvy to know how to obtain those services free....

The girls received baths and went to bed with visions of Tinkerbell dancing in their heads. Z woke up around 9:30 pm, mainly because our hotel was so close to the park (2 blocks) and the fireworks gave off an impressive percussive whoomping sound. She and I watched from the window and then she napped with us in our bed.

The second leg of the marathon meant getting up early. Getting both girls dressed, ourselves, the grandparents and Jessica all in presentable fashion and out the door. Our goal was to be at the park by opening (7 am) and we missed it by a 1/2 hour. I suspect it's because I paused by the hospitality room to grab two styrofoam bowls, fill them with cheerios and toss them in the girls lap. That was their breakfast. Ours was coffee and tea. On the run. I recommend visiting the park early...we strolled right in, obtained pictures by the famous Mickey Mouse flowers and then charged towards the back of the park for our first ride....Nemo.

Here are some more photos and more on the Disney to follow....

























No comments:

Post a Comment