I'm taking a break right now. Sitting down and remembering how to breathe. In and out. I'm exhausted and only one half of house is done.
I'm not exasperated. Just realizing I shouldn't have worked out this morning because the house cleaning with children was enough. Who knew it could be a customized aerobic AND weight lifting program.
For example, when you try and vacuum and the cord keeps getting in your way, you get to bend over several times before you finally hold it up. And all the while holding 20# on your hip because everytime you put said 20# down it shrieks in holy terror because O.M.G. the floor is on fire and you can't put me down THEEERRREEE!!!!!! All while kicking.
Before vacuuming, have to pick up all toys off the floor. For those of you who don't have kids, children's toys can be small. And scatter widely. Even moreso when your very own personal trainers help by gathering up pieces and flee on foot scattering them more widely.
I caught one said personal trainer taking the hair clip out of her hair for the twentieth time and she had decided to take a new course of action. Because you know what they say about doing the same thing over and over again is right (ahem. See this blog's title if you don't). She was staring in the garbage can where she had placed it.
But cool downs are worth it. Even if it involves soothing hurt muscles of one personal trainer because they fell on their back bonking their head doing a tricky manuever (twirling). With one in the lap, the other contributes by falling off the couch.
After massaging wounds and wiping tears....chocolate sandwiches make it all worthwhile.
And laughter is the best exercise, as A let me know Z is "JUST LIKE YOU!" right after I made the comment, "Z is a drama mama." Smart cookie that one is.

No comments:
Post a Comment