I asked A what her favorite part of the day was today. It's a bedtime routine for us. Her answer was, "eating dinner....and lunch."
Thumb in mouth. "And breakfast."
"And playing. With Zoe."
"And daddy."
"And mommy."
"And Poppa."
"And Nana."
Thumb back in mouth. Guess this little girl has it right. Make every minute count.
I also asked her why she was ignoring me earlier today. "Because I love you." I haven't figured that one out?
She also corrected me tonight with one of her bedtime books. It's about a bunch of ducks/goslings. I was trying to name all of them and got them wrong. She knows them by heart and pointed out the error of my ways.
Giving the girls baths tonight was an adventure in dirt. I've been noticing the ring in the bathtub when I clean...but tonight the water was actually grey. With floaties. And even after a big scrubbing of Z's knees and legs....they were still all grey when I dried her off. It's like the dirt is impregnated in the skin. Which I don't understand because she spends a large portion of her day toddling and landing on her butt.

No comments:
Post a Comment