Thursday, January 21, 2010

Snow day

Try on a rain day. Where I work is hilly...by that I mean huge ravines and washes. And the ground here is hard clay so rain does not absorb into the ground. It rushes. Through aforementioned washes. Every big storm someone is caught on camera trying to make it through a flooded intersection in their car only to become stranded on it's roof necessitating an expensive rescue. I had contemplated those nifty little window hammers that you can carry in your car in case you go into a lake or ocean or something like that for stocking stuffers...

Yesterday it was slow at work. It drizzled all day. Today it downpoured. Tonight it is gushing. Seventy mile per hour winds and tornado watches. Good thing Scott's parents came last week for a visit...fleeing the cold northern weather for warmth and golf. Because they wouldn't have gotten it this week. The power went out at work tonight at 6 pm. And stayed off. Most of my appointments had cancelled at that point so we closed the clinic and headed out. The one that had not been contacted (we left a message) called me much later in the evening to say her roads had been flooded anyway.

I was hoping to go to California this weekend but they are getting walloped worse than us I think. And both airports I would have used have been closed tonight. Maybe it would have been back to normal Saturday but I think I will hunker in with the family.

A loves the freeways lately because they go high and low. She asked me today if I was high. Sometimes I wish I was dear.


No comments:

Post a Comment