First I tried to use a coupon that was expired. Not bank deflating, just disheartening. I had justified buying lunch today with the money the coupon was going to save me...Scott had gone to the Arizona Cardinals game and I thought the girls and I could go and buy a pizza and have our own party.
We still bought what we needed at Babies R Us...A needed a pull out princess bed to sleep on at Nana's house. Because Z has claimed over the Elmo one...she crawls onto it, flops down, lays her head down and kicks kicks kicks.
We ran to the bank and went deposit cash into checking and after several long tense moments the small cash drawer opened up and the big sad red warning sign said that my bills had not been accepted. I threw chance to the wind and tried again but the machine said it was no currently accepting cash. Grrr..
So off the girls and I went to Walmart to buy a 5$ pizza....they are always up in the front and oversized. Z was missing a shoe by this time sucked up by the bowels that is the family van. I was able to locate her Cardinals sock however. We loaded up in the cart and in through the doors we swept...only...nope. No pizzas. Surely not everyone had the same idea? Looking beyond the brightly lit vegetable and fruit aisles I spotted pizzas! Score...and let down. Walked over there and they were 10$ pizzas.
At that point I just wanted to get home so we dashed off to the frozen pizza aisle and bought good old fashioned digiorno pizza with cheese in the crust. A was squealing in the cart (she was sitting in the basket and had a cracker in either hand and said the turning of the cart was making her "tip over".
The pizza was a hit but no win for the Cardinals. My day improved by hearing the squeals of laughter from both girls in the evening and A trying to convince Tanya to help with the pony dance and chase her. Z tried to condition her hair with curried peas.

No comments:
Post a Comment