Cue in the dark foreshadowing music...I even said to my mom either right before or right after going to the Children's Museum that I needed to get out of our bubble and expose the girls to some germs.
Well, we built up all of our immunities this past week. Scott and I have had more bodily fluids flung at us (albeit unintentionally and combined with tears usually) this past week than I care to reflect.
I was sick first. It's difficult for me to call in sick, granted not impossible, but it hits the pocketbook hard. And while I was ill, I wasn't dragging. Until after I took the meds prescribed to me. They worked GREAT...no symptoms whatsoever...except for the passing out and struggling to stay awake. Apparently this drug can cause hypotension (low blood pressure) and sleepiness. I figured that most drugs don't effect me like that so sure, why not, take it while at work. I'm still wondering how much the clients noticed.
Scott stayed home with the weepy sick fluid projecting children and we are keeping our fingers crossed he doesn't come down with it.
I can safely say it will be some time before our feet hands mouths or anything for that matter cross the threshold of the Children's Museum again.

No comments:
Post a Comment