I've stepped on sharp blocks, pinwheeled my arms trying to regain balance after slipping on a ball, counted the numerous bruises from who knows what fall they came from.
I have thrown the towel (on the floor where everything else is at) and wait until bedtime to pick up the smorgasbord of toys to reveal what color tile floor I have...and I wouldn't have it any other way.
For what it's worth...A does pitch in and help clean up to the best of her ability.
So beware those who enter. You take your own life into your hands.
Especially when my children have strength beyond leaps and bounds. Whether it was mastering the neck muscles to lift the head and turn it side to side. To arm muscles for pushing up and leg muscles for crawling and pulling up and eventually walking. Z has mastered locking her knees and grinning her devilish grin the entire time while we pull her up....to standing position and then she squirms her cute pudgy baby fists away from ours because she is ready to go and stand and run NOW!!
The muscle I never realized that they were practicing since birth is the strongest of all. The urinary sphincter muscle. I realize my children will never forgive me for writing this but I don't understand how something so weak becomes so encompassing strong. I waited for A to pee on the potty...and I know she had to because she had been holding it since 2:30 pm and she had A LOT to drink. I convinced her to sit on the potty without tears and she proceeded to defy all my waiting and sang songs, read books, played and didn't go. And I can't make it 20 minutes without running for a bathroom.

No comments:
Post a Comment