A week late but worth the wait....and what a week it was. Sheesh, after the day I had I'm suprised I'm even still standing.
An early morning call from my manager had me going to work on what was supposed to be a day off. He had located not one, but two babysitters!! I love the fact we had two trusted waiting in the wings babysitters. Getting there was another story. The call came in at 7:15 am. I thought getting to work by 10:30 am would be easy. Hahaha. As A is fond of saying, "Silly Mommom".
Besides getting all their gear together (seriously, how can two creatures each weighing less than 30 pounds require over 100 pounds of gear??)...pack and plays, toys, food, bottles, bibs, juice, formula, change of clothes, etc....and cleaning up the mess where A accidently knocked her almost but not quite empty breakfast plate on the floor, getting Z ready for a quick morning nap (she promptly spit up on my arm and her outfit), the water cup I dropped before the lid was on it, and what else? Yes, yes, I did get myself together and got my teeth brushed.
I'm rambling. A and Z got to spend the night at Papa and Nana's house Tuesday night so Mommom and Dada could go to the Black Eyed Peas and U2 concert. No words to describe how incredible the show was. Well worth a night out late....leaving the stadium took much longer than the average Cardinals game.
Ahem...so the pumpkin patch. A's highlight was either the baby pigs or the cornbox. The baby pigs she came running up to Scott yelling breathlessly "Da! da! Da! da! Baby pigs!" The cornbox is exactly that. A big box full of corn. Z promptly tried to test Scott's abilities at CPR and if she had allergies to corn by attempting to shove a whole fist of it into her mouth. A also told us she wanted to kiss the chicken but when push came to shove, she passed.
It was a wilting day. By that I mean it was getting up to ninety-seven degrees....we went in the morning but it was getting uncomfortably warm when we left. Especially when we took the family pics in front of the highly reflective pumpkin billboard. I understood why it was empty at that point and why it was soooo easy to get this prime picture taking spot...and why the line had evaporated. Literally. A picked out a pumpkin and I picked out pumpkin butter and something called coconut pecan spread of some sort. Our friends and old neighbors brought their son, who is A's age, along to the pumpkin patch too. His highlights were the pony ride and train ride. A is not so into that. She wasn't too sure of feeding the goats either.

No comments:
Post a Comment