After her mid-morning nap I got her up and she happily ate her yellow squash mixed with rice. I thought she was warm but she was her normal jovial self. And for all you naysayers out there, she also had avocado...which may not sound like a treat to you but she is my guacamole queen in the making. As I lifted her out of the high chair I realized that she was still warm, that it was real and not the lingering effects of the nap warmth as I had thought.
Temperature check: 101.1. A insisted her ear temperature be taken as well, it was normal.
Z wasn't showing any other symptoms and since fever is serving a purpose of devouring those bad bugs I didn't give her anything but love and a bottle. Her next nap was short and she was hotter when she got up.
Per pediatrician's recommendation the study was rescheduled and out to the office we went. Her eardrums were normal and since there were no other symptoms (except for the explosive show of vomitus when daddy tried to give tylenol) she had to face the music....
The doc went for urine. Which so far so good. I don't know what I'm hoping for. I don't want the flu, but I don't want the reflux either.
I want my sweet drama mama to be better. The darn kid smiles through most everything too, fever or not.
Quotes of A's for the week: "Drive faster Nana" and "Mommom, I LOVE it!!!" (This was after dipping her finger into the mayonnaise.

No comments:
Post a Comment