Saturday, August 8, 2009

You know you are a redneck when...

I have been MIA for the past week but for a fairly good reason. We went to Montana to visit family and friends. I am too paranoid to post that kind of information before or during a visit. I was going to explain my paranoia but isn't that the concept of paranoia? I googled it. The definition and yep, just gonna let that one lie. Lay. Whatever.

Of course there are a million pics and I promise to get them uploaded soon. Today flew by. Trying to unpack, wash clothes, pay bills, restock water in the backyard for the turtles, bird bath, hummingbird feeders, and the list goes on and on. Scott is out shopping for food right now in the PM. I also went and checked out a daycare for Aubrey. Not because we have to...because we want to. Well, want may be a misleading term. I don't WANT to but it is an immersion daycare-for spanish and mandarin chinese. I want her to learn spanish and everything I read states to start them before they are 7 or 8 years old so I jumped and registered her for two 1/2 days.....and they aren't opening until September so we all have time to get used to it. We meaning Scott and I as well as Aubrey. She already thinks she is going to escuala con Ovejita. (Does anyone know where I can find out where to get Ovejita or have her made??? I can't find her anywhere online or not....)

I will take her on my days off to start...figure I might as well hang out and learn more spanish too.

Okay. So my neighbors like to think they are redneck but I think I have them beat...

You know you are a redneck in Montana when:
  • a sprinkler is a Montana swimming pool (thanks Stacey)


  • the screen door keeps falling off the track so we keep leaning it up against the frame and move it when we want in or out


  • to keep my child's swimsuit straps on her shoulders and not falling off I use a zip tie


  • I tie dyed a shirt for my child


  • sampled huckleberry wine (ick, I don't recommend it)


Of course I say this in jest.....it was such an amazing trip. The girls got to meet so much family and Aubrey played so hard with her second cousins. I think she was missing everyone a bit today. That is after her four hour marathon nap. That she asked to take. We miss all of them already....but not the rain (it poured!!!)




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time! I can't wait to see the pictures of the girls with all the fam!!

    ReplyDelete