Sunday, May 1, 2011

House projects

We had a productive weekend. But I have learned that when you start one project, it leads to a mountain of other projects. And expenses.

We bought a screen door. It wasn't too expensive. But then we had to buy some special piece of equipment (I'm sure Scott knows the name but all I know is it is used to drive screen door screws in). The screen door screws aren't engraved a lot and Scott tells me it is so someone can't just unscrew your door and break in. At any rate-the special tool didn't work well with a drill and since I wasn't strong enough to do it, Scott screwed the darn things in. After he dremmeled grooves into them. And I do believe a hammer was involved. But I could be wrong. I would be highly suprised if anyone can get those suckers out. The tool didn't even make it all the way until the end. The screen door is appreciated, especially with the constant wind we've been getting-I will enjoy spring while it's here. The only problem is there is a gap now at the base of the screen door and Tipsy, our chihuahua can fit through it. Since I don't want her to be coyote bait and she loves to graze for bird pellets (that is the room where the birds are kept) we now have to put up a baby gate when the screen door is in use. Therefore, another project-we need to pour a cement slab/step at our front door. When I say we, I mean Scott. Good thing summer vacation is almost here. Once he gets that done I plan on tiling it in.

Before all that gets done though-Scott gets to smooth out all the micro cracks in our new (used) hot tub. We got it for cheap on craigslist, so cheap that the hook up equipment is costing more than the hot tub did. BUT-it is still cheaper than a new one. I think it will be done in time for the summer heat.

I proceeded to wack the limbs off our trees out front. The trees that grow like weeds. The tree almost won a few times, especially when my ladder wasn't as flush as we thought it was and the whole thing slipped. I had visions of myself hanging from a limb 1.5 stories in the air waiting for Scott to bring me the ladder. The funny thing is, I don't think I could hold myself up there if I tried!!

To relieve all the tension we went for a hike. The dogs and girls were on rattlesnake patrol (just kidding grandparents and aunties). A kept asking why we had turned aroud to head back to the car because she wanted to keep going. The same child that rode piggyback on me the last 1/4 of the hike...while her sister rode on dad's shoulders. At one point A was lagging behind too much and she piped up to Scott, "don't you want to have two children?" When Scott replied in the affirmative, she answered, "then wait up for me."

Now as promised: videos will be uploaded (hopefully daily) to sum up what we've been doing the past few months.






No comments:

Post a Comment