I feel like I missed this giant leap. One day I come home and she looks at me and says, "Want drink of water." Yesterday it was still "water" and caveman grunting. Her brain must have expanded exponentially and formed all these neurons while I was sleeping and resting mine or wasting (ahem I mean using) mine at work.
My hopes are for her explosive and expressive outbursts to subside (hehehehe....how funny am I? They won't go away until she leaves the house). When frustrated she flings whatever is closest to her. After all ,I don't let her hit or bite. If she flings something and it didn't fling to her satisfaction then she flings the next closest thing. My question is do I let her? She needs an outlet to express her feelings. I do let her say "STOO-PIDE". I'm deluding myself and saying that she learned that particular word at preschool. She has learned the true toddler temper tantrum, you know, where you fling oneself to the floor and wail. (I usually walk away. In public she only sits down and I walk where she can't see me and I can see her).
I think I will visit the library and get Todd Parr's Feelings book. Maybe then she can learn full sentences like "I think naptime is stupid and I am frustrated". By tomorrow. Or maybe I can just throw the towel in and lay down and wail as well. Seems to be a good outlet. Maybe if more adults did this we'd have less stress in our lives.....

No comments:
Post a Comment