Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sticky glue melts in AZ heat




That's the headline of my own personal newspaper. In the past year I've discovered the cool hooks that you can hang pictures and other decorative nonsense on your wall all without nailing holes! And then remove with no mess no fuss.




Which is perfect for my penchant for rearranging rooms quite often.




So when we put the deck cover over our back patio I was more the ecstatic to use the same hooks for my bird lights and geckos. I couldn't bring myself to allow Scott to drill holes in the patio cover we still haven't paid off (it's on the credit card).




Then the spectacular Arizona summer hit. And one by one...the hooks failed. Dropped like flies. I even tried gluing them with my super extra strength never fails me cement glue. Go figure...it melts above 100 degrees.




One of my poor geckos fell today. Just like real life geckos...it lost it's tail. Okay, maybe it's only lizards that do that...but I'm gluing the gecko tail back on.




And caving. Going to allow Scott to drill holes. All because in my convoluted thinking...it's much easier to drill into the expensive cover rather than glue together the much cheaper gecko tail.




But the heat has taught Z one important lesson. She has learned the important line between shadow and sun when barefoot. No matter what the bribe, will not step on hot cement. Now if only her parents could learn the same lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment