Friday, April 30, 2010

Thumps and lumps

I read on babycenter.com about how two and three year olds are more prone to bumps and bruises. I swear the website is now sending horrible clumsy vibes our direction. Last week I turned around to see A on her back with the rocking giraffe on top of her....and a HUGE knot bigger than her head ON her head.



Okay, so it was like gumball size but c'mon. I'm supposed to be the parent and calm her??? Why can't I hyperventilate while thinking about waking her every twenty minutes during her nap to make sure she hasn't suffered a concussion (yeah...that was wishful thinking, the nap part that is.).



Yesterday, while climbing over my bed frame at the foot of the bed, her foot slipped and her chin made connection with the frame. Loud clack of teeth and thump. Then wails and tears.



Today...she yells, "Watch me run to my room!" I opened my door further to watch her. Smile encouragingly....and watch her run her head directly into the door frame. Any recommendations on songs, soothing or such? Because it's getting old.


This morning she woke me up to show me nonexistant owies.


Z on the other hand....has learned to make animal noises with her zoo book. I turn to the elephant and hear one. She also does the giraffe....wouldn't YOU like to know what sound a giraffe makes. She also signed dog this week as well as milk (double fisted!).


I'm going to get some pillows and tie them down around A right now so catch you later.




No comments:

Post a Comment