We are passing on the mandarin because, well, while I like chinese food I just can't bring myself to learn the language. The spanish I may be able to do at home. (hahahaha...)
I signed A up for two half days which equals 2.5 hours for 2 days a week. Tuesday was the big day and off we went. I planned to hang out for a little bit (the whole thing) as it was all new and there was no reason to rush parting.
Luckily the preschool has just opened and there aren't that many kids enrolled. My fears of disease were lowered. Scott and I debated pros and cons of preschool germs and then debated yet again. After a call to the pediatrician we took a big breath and went for it.
On the spanish side there was only one other child, a boy. I tried to walk away from A to get Z some food and A had a screaming meltdown-flinging herself at my leg and monkey wrapping around it. It didn't help the instructor was a man. The normal instructor will be a woman but she couldn't work this week, without sharing all details it is a very legitimate reason. I sat down with A while she was crying and held both her and Z and the instructor kept going on with the lesson. A was beside herself when it was time to go outside and paint the pumpkin. Oh and when the milk and crackers came out...she forgot I existed. I took the cue and left for an hour with Z.
I guess the only words A uttered in my absence were "Where's my mommy" at one point. But no more meltdowns.
The ear splitting smile and huge wave I got when I returned made my whole week. Scott normally gets to be the hero and pick the girls up from their drop off, I'm usually the heel. The awesome thing is, she was sitting there with the rest of the kids, eating lunch and she didn't bolt to my side.
Today she ran to the front door of the school. I hung around for 5 minutes and she tried to follow me initially but sat with the group circle (1 larger now-another girl and the same boy) when asked.
I feel horrible right now and I am writing this trying to keep myself occupied and from jumping in the van right. this. second to get her. Z is sleeping and it is soooo quiet. I never noticed the empty silence before children. Granted the house is creaking and the radio is playing but the lack of laughter makes the air seem so still.
Z is learning to break dance. At least that is what it looks like with her attempts to be mobile this week. She places her arms at her side, with her hands toward her legs. She then gets kicking and bucking her legs until her feet hook with the rug and she pushes forward. Should make for an interesting rug burn.

No comments:
Post a Comment