Friday, June 19, 2009

Where's the Fire?

Aubrey has been asking to see fire trucks on a regular basis. We back up to a fairly busy street but we have a large backyard. I knew it was a trade off when I bought the house but this was a big lot and I had to have it. Anyone who has visited or lived in Phoenix knows the backyards are small and usually filled with a pool. The front gravel pit...I mean yard....is all rock. Desert landscape.

At any rate, we think the neighborhoods north of us have the fire departments on speed dial. North of us is a few neighborhoods but it dead ends up there so it seems like there is an extraordinary amount of calls but it all ends up being for Aubrey's pleasure. She hears the fire trucks and yells "OOOHHH. See fire truck!!!" And her latest trick is sounding like a fire truck. Video to follow soon. So your ears can bleed like mine.

Our old neighbors/friends arranged a field trip for today. Here's a few photos...will upload a slide show with more on the side too!







2 comments:

  1. did you cut your hair, or is it just pulled back? field trip looks like a lot of fun! did you get to see any firefighters?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were hot...even the older ones. All cut and tall! :) Wearing a hat and no makeup. I was a hot mess.

    ReplyDelete