Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Oscar the Grouch

Aubrey used to sleep through the trash pick up. Even though from clear up the street we can hear and FEEL them coming...the windows in the house SHAKE when the truck is nearby.

Fast foward to a year or so ago, Aubrey decided she was terrified of the truck. Hearing it coming would put her in hysterics and clamouring to be picked UP NOW!!!

I thought it would help if she watched it go by. One day I asked her if she wanted to see it and amidst sniffles and tears she said "uh huh".

I may have created a monster. The recycle pick up came before she was awake this AM (thanks Phoenix pick up for coming so early...and yes that is sarcasm) so over the monitor Scott hears Aubrey yelling "OOOOH! Garbage truck, garbage truck!!!!!!!" He managed to get her up to see them go up the opposite side of the street because nothing is sadder than her litte voice stating wistfully..."garbage truck all gone".




And Zoe just because...




1 comment:

  1. So to top that, I put her down for a nap, and then the garbage truck came....Could hear her over the moniter saying "Garbage truck, garbage truck!!!" I almost went and got her up, but figured that by the time that happened, he would be gone. Sad day for Aubrey.

    ReplyDelete