There are a couple of toys that Aubrey has taken a disliking to. It's random. The noise and the lights of them, somehow the combo will send her shrieking after us in terror if we happen to leave her side and it is activated.
We used to see it more often and usually right before naptime. But somehow on some days these toys are okay. We can take them downstairs out of her room and to the babysitter's house and she will play happily with them.
She has a rack of shelves that hold colored boxes in her room that helps store several toys. On the bottom row on the far left in full view of her crib is the green bug. I'm not even sure the maker of it but it teaches the letters of the alphabet, by having 26 feet. He has a pull string and sings the alphabet song.
She usually kisses the green bug good night.
Tonight she asked Scott for the bug and he acquiesed (spelling?). She pushed about six feet and then stated vehemently "OFF!" I came in to help read her bedtime books and made the mistake of turning it on again and pushed one foot.
"OFF!"
So I did. And I put him away.
We read the John Deere ABC tractor book (twice) and thank you prayer bear book (twice). Got her in bed and sang the Elmo song, the Abby song and the Cheetah song (one song for each of the three stuffed animals she sleeps with).
I was saying good night and in the tiniest of baby voices with big brown eyes welling with tears...she said something like "green bug looking at Aubrey".
........hard to put to words how this tugged on my heartstrings. I asked her if she wanted me to take the green bug downstairs and she said yes so I moved it right then. Went back to our night time routine of good nights and I love yous....when she said "Mommy take green bug downstairs".
She was calm when I left and I did take the banished toy out of her room. Guess we will be moving a night light into her room soon!
Zoe on the other hand-enthralled with lights, now grabbing her feet and rolling from her back to front and back again...all within the past week. And still my little songbird-as expressive as ever with her face and voice!! Wouldn't go to bed tonight without a final diaper change because it was wet...and. I. want. it. changed. NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the changes but they are sooo fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

aww poor Aubrey!! When can I see more video of Zoe grabbing her toes? or rolling?
ReplyDeleteAs soon as we download the video...we have lots. Maybe I will have Scott do it today. :)
ReplyDelete