We have been working on foreign languages. I really want Aubrey to learn Spanish and she knows some sign language. I am toying with getting more videos on sign language and definately spanish. I have been trying to find immersion classes for children with very little luck. There's a couple in the valley but nothing that works with my work schedule. I am going to contact my Spanish teacher and see if he can work with us.
The OTHER language Aubrey appears to have learned has been coined by our friends "babynese". I have decided to twist it a little into "whinese". She has gotten very good at it. I have to keep reminding her that I don't understand whinese and can she please tell me what she wants. It's worse in the morning, especially before naptime. But she has her fingers in her mouth constantly so I sure wish those last 4 molars would just break through. She told Scott sometime ago that her ear hurt one night, I'm sure it's from the teeth.
Zoe talks talks talks. Especially between 6:30-7 am. Even if I'm groggy, it's pure joy to wake up to. When Aubrey and I were coming down the stairs today after naptime, Aubrey stated "sister talking". I asked her what Zoe was saying...Aubrey replied "Aubrey."
Zoe was "kissing" her reflection in the mirror the other night. The little hungry bird impression that all babies do when you go to kiss them, that adorable instinctual open mouth wide...she would do that when Scott would hold her up to her reflection in the mirror. However, she is going through "stranger danger" and hollers at anyone who tries to hold her. Including the grandparents, if she's tired. It's wrestlemania trying to hold her for us if she's tired. She doesn't totally cry but she arches the back into an inchworm position, kicks and lets out these "ACKS".
Aubrey got an AWESOME belated birthday gift today. Although I was a little apprehensive when I got home and saw the box sitting outside our door that said "Open immediately-live insects". I was convinced it was an ant farm. Aubrey helped Scott open it and inside are catepillars....and a set up to incubate them into butterflies!! (Thank you so much Heather....I was just reading about these in a Parents magazine...I LOVE it!) She is really really into butterflies right now (she insisted on a butterfly hat when we were at Wally World today) so the timing could not be better. Of course Aubrey was WAAAAY more into the box and biodegradeable packing pieces. So was Tony who I caught running off with his piece at the last second. Good thing they're edible. Not so much for tasty though. Yes, I have tried them.
Of course I will have pics to follow as the metamorphasis takes place....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment