Anyhoo. We loaded up everything except the kitchen sink. I should've taken a picture of the trunk. Two pack and plays, toys, bouncy chair, our clothes, their clothes, DIAPERS, dog food, dogs, dog leashes, more DIAPERS....
After 45 minutes of loading up, we got on the road and dropped off Maggie, our old ancient dog, at my parents house and recharged. Just that short trip was exhausting. Our grand plan was to drive at night and the girls would sleep. A well laid plan. That combusted. After dinner for Aubrey and Zoe we hit the road for California-the first time to the Golden State for both!!
Fast forward 4.5 hours later...one Aubrey meltdown complete with plaintive cries from the back: "Aubrey done" "Aubrey out" "Aubrey down" "Aubrey kleenex" (kleenex because at that point she was crying), one Flying J stop that Aubrey really enjoyed because she got to stretch her legs, dogs (note I say multiple: both Tony and Cricket) salivating and vomiting, baby pooping, and what else? Oh-Aubrey awake until 9 PM (WAY past her bedtime)we arrived.
Are they impressed? You be the judge by the pics. And I changed clothes and showered because besides the baby poop, dog saliva and vomit, I also got baby vomit on me when we arrived. Sigh.


oh those poor babies!! bet the ride home is/was fun huh? ~Auntie Stacey
ReplyDelete